Friday, June 18, 2010

Another trip to Odessa

We are here once again to visit Adam and to celebrate his birthday and Father’s Day, plus we wanted to celebrate with Big B as well!  We’ve been on the go as usual, staying busy while Adam is working.

Yesterday I did some apartment hunting pretty much all day.  The apartment I wanted just opened in September = NEW!  Well they didn’t have anything available until August:(  So guess what’s left….apartments built during the oil boom….seriously?!?!  that was almost before I was born, can you imagine who and what has lived in those places.  I have one word…..YUCK!  I called the “new” apartments in the afternoon to see what day in August it would be available and guess what!!!! Someone’s application was denied, WOOHOO!!!  We signed a lease and will move in July 5th. Well if we are approved, but come on, you know that’s gonna happen~ well it better.haha. We are all so excited to be together again.  I can’t imagine how this is going to work out, 2 dogs, 2 lil’ tornadoes, and 2 adults in an apartment, but I feel this is the best thing for my family right now.  Oh and I forgot to mention, 2 bikes, 2 scooters, 2 battery operated cars….where are we going to put it??  Well Bailey maybe sleeping on his 4 wheeler and Savana will fit just fine in her cruiser, heck my mom did~~ ha!   Upside~ it has a pool, so after a few trips to the pool, I’m sure we will fit right in with the people in Odessa. And it’s across from the Odessa Country Club and Adam is already planning his sneak attack in to the driving range, I’m pretty sure they don’t ask for your membership card:) 

Today we had to surrender our Oklahoma drivers license. Adam is super excited that his “work visa” (aka OK drivers license) has expired. And I think for once I actually like my little photo. Maybe 33 is a good age for me…………………..:)  After lunch with Dad, the kiddos are taking a nap and I’m catching up on some things.  We may go feed the ducks tonight, swim, or go to the movies, whatever we choose it’ll be FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment